Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Teatro Cologn, a local hell

Last night I went with Tom to the musical at the Teatro Colon.  The place is amazing inside.  I waited till a few days before to buy tickets so we were in the standing room only, nosebleed seats.  There were layers upon layers of people on each level as you looked down until finally you could see the mass of people sitting at floor level.  The higher up seats, go up vertically level to level and the floor is fairly flat, so it is an abyss of souls you look down into.  As if hell were nicely lit with good ambiance and acoustics.  Speaking of looking down, I could look straight down into the orchestra pit, which was a cool view.  In fact, I, and 2000 other men, got an amazing, canyon within a canyon, view directly down the blouse of one well endowed female trumpet player.  I had to wonder if she took into account those 2000 guys and the vantage when she selected that bra/blouse combination.  Viva Argentina!

It was a very nice place though.  We went in the wrong entrance at first and I began to worry about having worn jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt directly from the school.  At least my underwear had been ironed and folded by the women at the lavanderia.  They always do that.  Now I know why.  If you get caught pants down at a nice place like the Teatro Colon, at least you can maintain a shred of dignity in your neatly pressed shorts.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Reminds me of our trip to Paris this summer. We went to La Cigale to see Charlotte Gainsbourg. It sounds like a similar environment -- the only problem was that it was something like 95 degrees with no AC and we were drenched in sweat by the end of the show. Another kind of hell, I guess, but it was a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately this time of year, I didn't get a chance to find out if their AC worked. The place was spectacular but I did spend the show looking into a dark pit full of people.

    ReplyDelete