Saturday, September 25, 2010

The ice cream (helado) here is good

Who says you can't buy happiness.  You can even get it in a cone.  Aside from a bunch of office work, I went into the shopping district with Tom to buy some boots for the next leg of his trip.  He was hoping to find something more pedestrian looking than the black Royal Air Force approved kit he has back home.  But, he will now have two pairs of shiny black leather boots.





The last obnoxious people I wrote about were Americans.  The obnoxious person I will write about now is Russian.  She has what I would call a peter pan personality.  You never grow up and you can fly as long as someone helps you keep stocked with fairy dust.  She would sing in the study lounge with her headphones on while others were at the computers or working on assignments.  Then to go a step further, she put the speakers on on her netbook to share the music with everyone.  Then to go a step further, she left the room with her music going to get cell service to talk on her phone.  I was about to step over to her netbook to plug her ear buds back in when she returned.  On the one hand, being a person who provokes others is bad.  But on the other hand, we probably need more people who stand up and say "you are not the only person in the universe" and less that say "god can you believe her nerve" after she leaves the room.  Which is what I am doing right now.

Speaking of obnoxious sounds.  I also encountered some BA women, all sixty something, whooping it up.  You know how ten year old boys are into vocal sound effects.  We are always trying to simulate the sounds of bombs and motors and guns and choppers.  I don't know exactly what these women were trying to describe, but it was entertaining to watch women that age being animated enough to use vocal sound effects to describe something was ringing while falling while who knows what.  I wish my spanish were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment