Thursday, October 28, 2010

You know the routine

 Oct 28
I am actually getting a routine going for Spanish school.  Find the Laundromat and note the hours.  Get a gym membership.  Stock up at the pharmacia.  Locate the school.  My instructor is Julia and she has what I need- patience… and enough English to give me instructions too complex for me to understand in Spanish. 
I have also noticed the traditional carrying of baskets on the head by women here.   It seems to do wonders for ones posture.  I don’t know what it does for ones spine.  I have a suspicion that the women here are going old school with basket carrying largely for the tourists benefit.  Men also use their heads to carry a load.  Imagine a backpack where you unhook the straps and attach them in front around your forehead.  This seems to work less well for ones posture.

No comments:

Post a Comment