Saturday, December 25, 2010

Pics

This is my most deluxe room yet, how do I know?  It has a painting ot 2Pac on the wall.

What do you give the man with everything for Xmas?  An Andean pimp hat of course!

Plaza de Armas is the place to be for tourists in Cusco.  I have a family to go home to so I don't spend much time there.  It is better that way.

If Americans are so smart why didn't we think of vast amounts of fireworks Christmas Eve?  I had that "I am in a war zone" sensation with the encendiaries zipping past my head.  I haven't had that feeling of excitement in a long time.  I try not to think about the dozen kids losing fingers around the city....

Isaac prepares a gringo Xmas dinner for not just the family but extended family.  Thank goodness for my trusty outsized ego as Grandma downs my personal potatoes and gravy recipie and asks where the stuffing is.... (I don't do stuffing)

3 comments:

  1. Italy had a lot of do it yourself fireworks as well. Much quieter new year this time round. We kept Erin company while Tim is recovering in the hospital. Fred and Deb were out at a party. We had a rousing round of scrabble and two hands of cribbage. A pot of fondue and pan of baklava later and it was time for the ball drop! Mom seems to be getting her energy back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's surprised you hang out with the family as much as you do. She thinks it probably keeps you out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good new years. I wish Tim well...

    Isaac.

    ReplyDelete