Sunday, December 19, 2010

English and Spanish Happily Coexist in Peru

A couple more oddities in print from the land of Peru- the first one might interpret as equipment for a gym for the homeless.  But looking at the logo, I expect they are using the British version of the word.  This is a bad omen for those in the homeland working toward the wider acceptance of the ‘Merckan language. At the house of the family I am staying with, they have a curious tea.  I looked and salt peter was not in the ingredients. 
Happily they do have apples- manzanas, sugar-azucar, flour-harina, butter- mantequilla, cinnamon-canela.  So I was able to make my personal apple pie recipe.  Somehow it came out with a latin feel.  The ingredients were each a bit different than you find in the states.






No comments:

Post a Comment